Blue Cross Blue Shield
Blue Care Network
United Health Care (Choice Plus) (Community Plan)
Some therapists may be Out of Network with your insurance company, and therefore different deductibles may apply. Be sure to check with your insurance to see if your therapist is in-network. Services may be covered in full or in part by your health insurance or employee benefit plan.
Please check your coverage carefully by asking the following questions:
- Do I have mental health insurance benefits under my plan?
- What is my copayment/copay for mental health coverage?
- What is my deductible and has it been met?
- How does my deductible apply towards outpatient mental health services?
- How many sessions per year does my health insurance cover?
Out of network?
- If we are an out of network provider, we suggest you still contact your insurance carrier. Ask the above questions. And, What is your out of network coins amount per therapy session (I.e: 30%)?
- If your therapist is out of network and you have to pay out of pocket for services; most often, you may have the option to be reimbursed through your insurance carrier for payments made to out of network providers. Call and ask your insurance carrier what forms you are required to submit. Request a Superbill from the office at New Horizons Counseling Center following payment for services. We recommended requesting, keeping receipts and requesting a Superbill from our office on a monthly basis.
Reduced Fees Available
Reduced fees for outpaitent services are available on a sliding scale. Please call with your unique situation before you decide you can not afford services. We are here to help and work with you. We offer services from Nationaly Certified and Fully Licensed Master Level Clinicians, Limited License Master Level Clinicians, and Master Level Interns (interns vary per throughout a calendar year).
Assessment services for the MMPI-2 are $250.
Group therapy services start at $30 per session.
Flexible Spending Account (FSA) Health Spending Accounts (HSA)
Do you have a flexible spending account or a Health Spending Account? If so, your services may be covered with uses funds to assist you with out of pocket costs. Payment for Flexible Spending Accounts must be processed through the office and not through the Pay Pal option on our website. If necessary, we will provide a reimbursement form. For Health Spending Accounts (HSA), please call your employer to understand how the account works, and how to use it to pay for services.
Cash, check and all major credit cards accepted for payment. Payments can be over the phone or made direct on our website through the Pay Pal link. In order to make a payment, you are not required to have an account with Pay Pal.
If you do not show up or cancel your appointment with less then a 24-hr notice for a scheduled therapy appointment, and you have not notified us at least 24 hours in advance, you will be required to pay $50 for the no show/cancelation session.
To request a therapy appointment online, please be sure to include: 1) An idea of what present concerns you have that you seek treatment 2) The type of insurance you presently have or what questions you have regarding insurance or cash fees 3) What days and times you are available for appointments. This information will help us in determining which therapist can best meet your needs based on treatment needs and/or insurnace type.
Click here to schedule an appointment. We will contact you via email within 24-48 hours or the next business day. It is our intent to contact you within this time frame. Should you not hear from our office, it is important for you to call our office direct at 586.716.7600 or return an email to [email protected].
We apologize in advance if you do not hear from us within 24-48 hrs or the next business day. Emails are not always received directly by us and may reach spam email and not our active inbox. Be sure to check your spam account, as well, for a reply. Our email could reach your "junk" mail.
Further questions? Please contact us for further information.